Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Friday 7 March 2008
*.* The Beginning of a New Chapter *.*

Dear all,

I believe this may not be any shocking news to you as some of you might have guessed it already. I guess my chapter with YMM is coming to an end and a new chapter begins. I'm moving on to a new church. I thank God for the opportunities that I had which enabled me to grow and serve here.

Boys’ Brigade was a time for me to learn how to love children. It is a special ministry that God gave me to be able to serve. Taking up leadership and being an officer was not easy. Like what Spiderman says “Great power comes with great responsibility”. This quote is very true. Sometimes the children really get onto my (our) nerves, driving all of us crazy. Yet, they have their innocent, cute and sweet side of them that really melt your heart. They are God’s precious gift.

Youth ministry: It’s the hardest ministry to work in. I have to admit it. It’s about meeting their needs; it’s about guiding them, watching over them, listening to them, investing time, money and effort in them and most of all love them for who they are. I couldn’t do all of the above but I know I’ve tried my very best.

My dear girls (Eileen, E-von, E-lin, E-van, Yvonne, Yu Shan, Amanda, Shi Ping, Yue Mind), I’m sorry that I left cell without telling you the reason and I really hope you can forgive me. It was a tough decision to make at that time. I thank God for each one of you because all of you have a very special place in my heart. Your different personalities, characters, smiles and laughter are hard to forget. I love you and I will be missing you. Thank you for sharing in cell because I’ve learnt a lot from you one way or another. Thank you for this friendship that we shared.

To all youths,
You have a special place in the leaders’ heart. They are trying their best to do something about it. Please, give them time and a chance to walk with you and speak right into your life.

Worship ministry was one of the greatest breakthroughs that I’ve seen in my life so far. I know that God sees the desire in my heart and the passion that I have, because I’ve seen how God anointed my fingers, my hands, my legs to serve with all I have. Thank God for the opportunity that He gave and the encouragement that I got from the people around me. It makes serving easier even at the most difficult times. Thank God for the gifts and talents that He gave me and reminding me not to misuse it.

Dear worship team,

I had great joy working with all of you. Thank you for the opportunities and encouragements all this while. The rapport that we built over the years was great. Thank you for all the hard work having to serve week after week. May God grant you the strength as you serve Him and His people. I enjoy worshipping God with you as a team. Thank you for guiding me and teaching me news things.

There are a few special people whom I really want to thank God for because these people had invested in my life in one way or another: Tommy, Sharon, Gillian, Kenneth, Aunty Cheng Suan, Aunty Nancy, Stacy, Simon. I cannot express my gratitude towards you except saying a big thank you. Thank you for being there at my toughest moment. Thank you for loving me for who I am. Thank you for blessing me in every single way. Thank you for spending time and effort getting to know me and encouraging me. A Big thank you to all.

Chinese service: I enjoy serving alongside with you. I had great fun in there. I really love many Chinese praise and worship songs because they really carry the flavor of the meaning of the song, sometimes better than English songs. This has also brought me to a greater height in my service because I know and understand that worship is not about what kind of instruments we use, how many instruments we have or how big the band is. Playing alone as a keyboardist was a challenge because it’s about bringing people into God’s presence with one instrument, representing a whole band. God is good and faithful because He sees the heart of His worshipper. It doesn’t matter whether it is one piece, two pieces or full band; it’s the readiness to worship God irregardless of the surroundings.

Dear Chinese worship team,

I really enjoy serving God with you. I guess I didn’t have the chance to build our rapport together. You are a group of fun and loving people. Thank you for your encouragement. The unity you have really encourages me that we still have hope. So long we stand together in Christ, everything that happened doesn’t really matter.

I guess I’ll take with me good memories, lessons learnt and friendships with me. I’ll miss you. God bless.

posted by Michelle at 18:02:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com