Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Sunday 3 February 2008
*.* Cleaning up + Reunion Dinner *.*

1 more hour to Monday blues..
1 more day to Tuesday then counting down to half a day to Wednesday and IT'S HOLIDAY on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!

And... back to my Monday blues..

Finally got my room cleaned up this afternoon. I cannot remember when was the last time I cleaned up my room. Cleared all my lecture notes (a collection of 3 years) that had been sitting in the cupboard collecting dust. They were really collecting dust in my cupboard so decided to take everything off the shelves and clean them one by one.

And slowly move on to my.. messy table. That was the one that caused me the most headache. I had many little things in there which I cannot decide if I still want them or not. I have medicine lying all over the place which is like a mini pharmacy. Anyway, I placed all the necessary things in a tray and my table looks super tidy now. I hope it stays that way for long. So proud of myself.

I vacuumed the floor and realized actually it was very dusty under the bed and especially those tidy holes where I don't even normally walk or take notice. Guess what I found? My missing pillow! Didn't even realized I dropped one pillow for many months (eh.. my pillow actually turned quite black when I recovered it?) and this shows that I have many pillows on my bed. Mopped the floor twice.

I had an early reunion dinner at a family friend's house. They are very close to us so I consider them as my family too especially when they helped us through many tough times. My mom was telling this aunty about cleaning the house. She had to clean up almost the whole house while my sister and myself were responsible to our own rooms and the father.. SLEEPING away.

The aunty responded by saying that even her husband is the same. They just simply don't do housework and asking their husbands to do housework is like dragging a cow. Then they talked about Valentine's Day. This is funny.

The aunty told my mom that her husband gave her one bouquet of flowers during the first year of their marriage but she said it was a waste of money and the following year, she didn't even see one single stalk of flower. My mom told her that my dad gave her real roses first year of their marriage and she also complained saying that it was a waste of money so the following year my dad gave her fake flowers and told her that it can last very long.

These two women started throwing hints to their husbands sitting not too far from them and they began to each take turns to act blur. My dad walked around and smiled silently and the aunty's husband pretend not to hear anything and finally when my dad asked him if he has night training on Valentine's Day night, he said he is going to Geylang.

Oh well, I think these two women might end up dating each other instead. -Laughs-

I hope I won't end up like them. Maybe I should tell my husband next time when I get married that sometimes what I say may not be what I really mean. So maybe I should just tell him real flowers may be expensive but I won't mind one or two stalks. It's the thought that counts that is more important. Then again, buying flowers aren't practical. I better think twice before saying that if not that's the end of having Valentine's Day once I get married.

Still, it was a fun and enjoyable dinner.

posted by Michelle at 23:51:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com