Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Thursday 21 December 2006
*.* Rain rain go away... don't come back.. *.*

After a long 3 days 2 nights downpour, I can finally see the sun and feel the warmth again. I remember driving on these nights at 40km/h and listening to the radio and this DJ used these words to describe the weather, "It is raining like.. Elephants. Yeah, raining elephants out there." I laughed. Sounds quite funny but cannot imagine if one day elephants do drop from the sky. It rained so heavily that all I could do was to sit, pray, call somebody to talk and wait patiently in the car until the visibility of the road is much clearer.

Just on Monday after giving tuition (returning home), I sat in the car waiting for the rain to subside. When I reached Yishun the rain was much much smaller. I went to pick my mentor up to send her home (almost very near to my tuition kid's place) and we went for tea. When we were about to go off, the rain was heavy again and both of us were stuck in the car. Visibility was very bad, it was dark with limited lights, raining like elephants, it was not (quite) safe to drive. Thank God I reached home safely and found one last car park lot pretty near the lift. It was already 12 midnight.

The perpetuate rain had caused many inconvenience. It was flooding almost everywhere. What I saw was just some small puddle of water (of course there were big ones that went splashing my whole car) everywhere but when I saw the news on TV I really got a shock. I never expect that Singapore would be flooded until such a point where water level reached one's knee and maybe even higher.

In such a time like this, the only safest place in Singapore is... Bukit Timah Hill. This is because it is the highest place in Singapore but think about it again, the higher you go, the higher possibly of you getting a lightning strike. So, where is the safest place? Wear a float and sleep. Get ready a sampan or a speed boat. Since you can't speed on a wet road, try the speed boat.

Hopefully it won't rain on Christmas. My mood depends pretty much on the weather. It is coming to the end of the year. I have got so much to give thanks and realised there are so many first-time in my life this year. Will blog about it on the last day of 2006. =)

posted by Michelle at 10:03:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com