Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Wednesday 17 August 2005
*.* It's MY principle, it's MY values that I live with *.*

I have been crazy over this Korea show lately on the SCV channel. It's about the life of a young palace maid and the people she met in the palace. It all happen in the royal kitchen where there are different ranks of palace maid having to cook for the King and of course there is a Top Kitchen Lady.

Life could be simple there but some people are out there aiming for the Top Kitchen Lady position because of the authority given to them. Out of jealousy they could do anything even to take another person's life. In this particular episode, the Top Kitchen Lady needed someone to take over her as she retired, they had a competition between the two capable candidates. Well, the one who acted a good lady got the title, but the other lady who want her to lose, lost instead.

She then uses her family background to influence her friends. Even when the new Top Kitchen Lady starts her duty, nobody is willing to listen to her. She has in fact no say over the people under her because she doesn't have that kind of influence towards her peers. And the story continues. It's really sad to see this kind of show showing the good and bad of a person.

In real life, I believe there is this kind of people too. We practice politics, we uses whatever authority we have to 'rule' people under us and other sorts of ways to win people over you and trust the unity is strength. I've seen it and been through it even in secondary school. If you think I'm still young and haven't seen the world yet, probably you are wrong. I dare say that at this age (18), I've seen a lot of things. Some things I don't have to wait till I step into the society to know how the world is. A lot of heartaches, a lot of brokenness, broken friendships, being boycott, etc.

Honestly, I can't stand people abusing their authority, even in school my lecturers. Some lecturers show some colour to us. However, they failed to understand that we are no longer small kids and we don't play 'silent game' with them anymore. One of my lecturer expects us to keep absolute silence when he teach. When we become slightly noisy he refused to teach. When all of us try to keep quiet, he just stood at one corner and refused to talk. After that all of us got impatient and started to make a some noise, he continue to stand at his corner. He wasted 30 minutes of our time in total. In fact, it's 300 minutes since there are 100 students. We just don't understand what he wants from us.

Until when my class decided to pack and go off since he refused to talk, he started to talk and let us copy some notes and say he don't want to teach and make up for this lesson. I supposed he is kind of shocked because my whole class was getting ready to step out of the lecture hall if he continues to keep quiet. It really shows unity is strength.

People talk, people judge, people despise. Some times I just feel that it doesn't matter how people look at me or thinks about me, it's me that really matter. It's how I feels and thinks that really matter. I have my own principle and my own stand. It's not easy to explain it to my friends. I've gone through so much since secondary school until now, I agree that somethings I do is to protect myself. I don't mean to offend anyone. It's just that I get very careful and don't want to get hurt again and in turn hurt another person just because I want to protect myself. I don't expect everyone to follow my principle, because it's MY principle, it's MY values that I live with.

posted by Michelle at 01:22:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com