Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Friday 10 December 2004
*.* God closes one door but He opens another.. *.*

So much that I was thinking where am I supposed to go, how am I going to serve God better, here comes one door closes and another opens.

Many may not know that even though I'm serving in 88J, I would also like to go to the Seniors Program to learn things, to impact lives. I wanted to be in the Worship ministry and BB ministry. There are just so many things I want to do but I know I can't because I'm not superwoman neither am I Miss Incredible. It's what I need and have to do, not what I want to do.

When I told my mentor about this, she kept reminding me how much I can do and that so much can really means a lot so long I can stay focus with my calling. When I heard 88J is going to function better (though the officers did mention it will be closing) and so much work load next year, I know I won't be able to go over and probably can't take up Worship ministry and I need to do what is given to me, it's not up to me to choose. We discussed a lot, how we should make things better next year, what we can give our boys so that they will turn to Christ and they will want to be in BB next time. When she asked me if I'm running the same race as the team, I almost couldn't answer her. I know I wasn't focus on what I was doing.

I took time to think and reflect. I told myself I don't have a choice since I'm called here and I need to do what I'm supposed to. But the very sad thing is that just as I know what I'm doing, news came and88J is going to close down. But it won't be an immediate effect. We will still continue to run for the P5 and P6 boys and all our effort, energy and time will just be on them. I hope my two years will be spend wisely with them.

I think we have built the bonds and friendship in BB. I hope the boys learn and as they grow up, they know what BB had really taught them and most importantly, how great God's love is for them. Just as they have been singing "His love is warmer than the warmest sunshine softer than a sign. His love is deeper than the deepest ocean wider than the sky. His love is brighter than the brighest star that shines every night above. And there is nothing in this world that can ever change His love." I hope they will experience it themselves through BB.

As for me, I know my calling is to serve in the Boys' Brigade. Whether I am called out to serve in Worship ministry too, I'll wait and pray about it. It's for Him that I'm doing it for, not for anything else.

posted by Michelle at 01:07:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com