Image hosted by Photobucket.com
*.* Her Life Mission *.*

Name: Michelle Ruth Tong

Birthday: 3rd March

Life Mission Statement:
To be a testimony of Christ and set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). Do whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent and praiseworthy to God (Phili 4:8).



*.* Tagboard *.*



*.* My Friends *.*

Guys

Gals
*.* Special Links*.*
*.* Links *.*
*.* Archives *.*
*.* My Journey *.*

Monday 17 May 2004
*.* Views on entertainment *.*

As I watched the show on TV this evening (the entertainment show), I felt quite sad. It is a show of entertainment but I felt the purpose of entertaining others wasn't there.

First, they get people to take part in a contest of either a resemblance of someone famous or a voice of someone known.

However, I felt the type of sarcasm was far too much. I give credit to the people who took part in the contest because it's all about courage. At the same time, I felt such sarcastic remarks shouldn't have gone too far. We all have pride and I felt they should have let the people feel better but not worse.

The show made entertainment out of people. Crack jokes out of people. It's very subjective of fun, funny jokes, humour... I felt it was more of humiliations and being mocked on. It somehow reminds me of another popular show that did the same thing. What is entertainment then? It's painful to hear the truth, but it's more painful to be humiliated when people actually make fun of you to get entertained.

P/S: This entry is based solely on my own reactions, emotions and thoughts. It bears no consequences of anything. Everything said here is pure coincidental.

posted by Michelle at 22:26:00

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com